VOW

Scripture: 1 Samuel 1:11-23

“But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving. I will fulfil what i have vowed...” Jonah 2:9 (KJV)

The Merriam Webster dictionary defines a vow as “a solemn promise or assertion specifically by which a person is bound to an act or condition.” A vow is a very serious matter for it can provide an avenue for the expression and propagation of God’s power in our lives or bring about God’s judgment on prevailing circumstances (Deut 23:21-23). Fulfilling a vow made to God brings greater blessings and solutions to pressing problems.

Hannah’s family had a regular annual custom of worship and sacrifice to God. Though Hannah worshipped and served God regularly with her family, she was barren. It took a vow to change her story (v.11). It took a fulfilled vow to confirm and establish her new identity of fruitfulness.

Sometimes, we may have prayed, fasted, and served God with our time and energy, yet seem not to be making any head-way. Did you make any vow to God? Failing to fulfil a vow can attract God’s wrath and bring untold hardship. Endeavour to fulfil any vow or pledge you have made. Hannah received Samuel after her vow to God; you, too, can receive your “Samuel” today. If you have genuinely made a vow to God and fulfilled it, wait for God to do his part. Hold on to him because he never fails anyone.

PRAYER:
Lord, as I fulfil my vows, release my breakthrough in Jesus name, Amen.

FAITH BYTE:
I pay my vows to the Lord and I receive my deliverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment