WHOSE APPROVAL?

Scripture: Judges 2:6-14

“Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ” Galatians 1:10 (NIV)

Many people appear active and hardworking in service or their jobs whenever their leaders or bosses hover over them. They act diligently with the hope of winning the appreciation or applause of men.
The moment people turn their backs, they become complacent and passive. The bible frowns upon this kind of pretentious lifestyle (Eph. 6:6).

The generation after Joshua backslide into sin. They forsook the God of their fathers who brought them out of Egypt because their fathers were no longer present. When there was no one to chaperone their lifestyle, they slipped into a life of sin. They only conformed to the dictates of their leaders, they were not transformed by the word they heard and knew. They were people pleasers rather than God pleasers and they paid the price for their sin (v14)

Faithfulness is not an option for any believer. When our service is genuine we do not require anyone to police us to do our job. It becomes a joy to give of ourselves. God sees and knows our intentions even when we deceive others. Follow the lifestyle of Jesus who did the work of his father diligently on earth even when it was tough (Jn. 9:4; Matt. 26:39) because he knew his ultimate reward with God (Phil. 2:9).

PRAYER: Lord, keep me focused on pleasing you through my service in Jesus name.

FAITH BYTE:  I am not men-pleaser, I seek the pleasure of God in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment